Monday, May 7, 2012

Waldorf Salad - my lower-calorie recipe














My mom used to make this all of the time when I was younger.  I got a craving for it last night.

Crunchy, sweet, creamy, nutty - delicious!

Ingredient                               Calories

1 chopped Fuji Apple                70
¼ cup Celery                             4
1 tbsp raisins                             30
5 sliced grapes                          20
1 tbsp crushed walnuts              40
1 tbsp hellmans low fat mayo     15
2 tbsp low fat cool whip            25
1 packet splenda or stevia          0

Throw all of the ingredients in a container, put the lid on and shake. 

Makes 2 larger servings about 100 calories each or 3 smaller servings about 70 calories each.

*I have made this with vegan mayo, fat free-mayo, fat-free cool whip, vegan whipped cream (coconut milk based) etc.  It pretty much always tastes the same, regardless of what I use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment